For use as:
Day Anchor (<30 kn, 70-80 ft)
Cruising Anchor (<50 kn, 60-70 ft)
Storm Anchor (>60 kn, 50-60 ft)
Click for more information
M2 125 lb/57kg Mantus Anchor
Out of stock
Out of stock
M2 125 lbs/57 kg MANTUS ANCHOR IS BUILT STRONG
- Designed to fit boats with bow sprits and bow pulpits.
- Formed out of high-quality steel plate and high end precision casting.
- ASTM certified bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety.
- Although the bolt used in the assembly is load bearing, only a fraction of the load is transmitted to the bolt.
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke.
- In the carbon steel version every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanised for corrosion protection. (All shanks are HT ASTM 514 Steel and flukes are mild steel A36 equivalent)
- Nose of the anchor is reinforced to guarantee a lifetime longevity.
Points to consider when deciding which Mantus anchor is best for your use:
- Both M1 and M2 anchors have an amazing setting and resetting ability.
- Both M1 and M2 are excellent choices for a primary anchor. But each has its own small specific advantages.
- Both M1 and M2 anchors roll over well in most bottom conditions and it is rare for a properly weighted anchor to end up upside down.
- The M1 anchor due to its roll bar is better at rolling over in a really soft silty bottom.
- The M2 Anchor is less likely to get plugged up with muddy weeds.
- The M2 is less bulky as it does not have a roll bar.
- The M2 anchor better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.
|Dimensions||34 × 29 × 8 cm|